Greater hydration of the stool, increasing the volume of the intestinal lumen, increased perstaltism, softens the stool and its consistency facilitates its elimination.
Motrax is an osmotic laxative whose action is to retain water in the stool to provide a smooth consistency and increase movements in the intestine.
Motrax is indicated for the treatment of occasional or chronic constipation, according to the Rome III criteria for functional constipation:
- Fewer than three bowel movements in seven days with normal food intake.
- Effort in defecation in more than 25% of evacuations.
- Presence of hard stools or lumps in more than 25% of evacuations.
- Feeling of incomplete evacuation.
- Sensation of ano-rectal obstruction.
- Need for manual procedures in order to facilitate evacuations.
Polyethylene glycol 3350